Jesse James is a successful person in business and he used to be successful in marrying Sandra Bullock, but now they separated after his affair with a tattoo-model. I have written about them before (see the earlier post). That was before I knew the hour of birth of Jesse James (thanks to Femscorp:).
Why is he 'cheating' and why can he? Let us take the circumstances into consideration: he is rich and attractive, women like him, he is a member of the jet set and his wife was far away for weeks. He is also the kind of person who needs to have exciting contacts and discussions (Moon in Gemini trine Uranus). His Sun/Moon midpoint is in hard aspect with Uranus: he is motivated by change, excitement and adventure and family life will often by hectic. And ...he has the usual indications for divorce in the chart of a man + an Venus in Aries, the ruler of the first house in 12 sesquisquare Neptune (natural ruler of the 12th) in the 7th house.
Venus in Aries is a difficult position for Venus, because it is for love at first sight and astrologically because Venus is in the sign that opposes the sign that Venus rules (Libra). Perhaps Jesse has a charming, but direct way to present himself as a result of this. The problem with Venus is, that there is an affliction with the
planet of illusions: Neptune.
Venus is sesquisquare Neptune in the 7th house. Now there is a double affliction (ruler 1 - planet in 7 and Venus-Neptune). Venus-Neptune and 1-7 afflictions are among the indications for divorce in a male's chart. Venus-Neptune is the combination of art, too, because it relates fantasy and dreams to beauty. In ordinary life it is the combination of romantic ideas in love and about women.
Venus is in the 12th house, just like Sun (inconjunct Neptune) and Saturn (inconjunct Neptune). Neptune ruler of the natural 12th house is in 7 and Venus ruler of the natural 7th is in the 12th. That is another indication for Venus-Neptune, the aspect related to love affairs.
Another indication for divorce is Moon opposition Neptune, out of sign. The amount of indications for divorce says enough. Jesse James married more than once. Moon and Venus (ruler 1) afflicted by Neptune (in 7). It doesn't mean that he can't stay married at all, but his need for (exciting) love and romance stands in the way to make it long lasting.
There are several astrological reflections for the present situation:
- Progressed Venus is almost exactly square natal Midheaven; his status and position is related to women in a difficult way now.
- Earlier Venus was quindecile the Descendant: a strong focus on partnership-love.
- The Moon is inconjunct Venus in the progressed chart. Moon-Venus conflicts are conflicts between or about women (in a male's chart) and it is about getting out of balance because of sentimental feelings right now.
- The ruler of the Descendant in the progressed chart is Jupiter, now opposition transit Uranus (and that is often indicating sudden relief but Uranus opposition ruler 7 is not).
- Progressed Uranus is inconjunct natal Sun and that will remain so for a longer period of time. The inconjunction between Sun and Uranus is in the natal chart, too. The aspect refers to being special, drawing attention by the way that you differ from the others in a rather disproportionate way. Jesse James is an outsider in the world of movie stars. His marriage brought him into that world.
- Transit Saturn inconjunct progressed Saturn this year...
So what you see is a lot of Uranus (upheaval) like in the chart of Sandra, who also has the Saturn inconjunction for separation.
In the earlier post (click here) I mentioned that the Moon of Jesse James in Taurus does not match with the Moon in Aquarius of Sandra, but now I know the hour of birth and his Moon appears to be in Gemini. So the Moon signs match, but now there is another difficulty. The Moon of Jesse James is opposition the Sun of Sandra Bullock and that is a challenging aspect in synastry, even though it is an indication for attraction.
- Their Suns are in friendly signs.
- Venus quintile Venus: a creative way to combine tastes and share sympathies and liking each other, too.
- Mars is opposition Mars, in a very wide aspect, to reflect sexual attraction followed by the (distant) possibility of fighting or competing with each other. As his Jupiter is in aspect with her Mars, there is also compensation for that.
It is not such a bad match, it is a matter of sharing Sun-Saturn that makes it easy to drift apart (see the earlier post) and on the other hand: hard to separate because of the shared responsibilities (and maybe business/mortgage) and because of the idea of consistency.